Buying gifts for your girlfriend can be challenging. You want to buy something that she’ll love, but you also don’t want it to break the bank. It’s a delicate balance between being thoughtful and getting her something she’ll enjoy. Fortunately, we have compiled a comprehensive guide of gift ideas for your girlfriend that will help make this process much easier! No matter what her interests, you’re sure to find something in this article! And if not…we have a gift idea at the end of the post for those hopeless cases 😉
Coming Up With an Idea
The first step is finding out your girlfriend’s tastes and preferences. Do some research into what she likes or has talked about in past conversations; maybe even set up an account with a site like Pinterest so you can look through things she might be interested in while avoiding spending money on items without knowing whether they’ll work as a gift! You want to make every purchase count after all 🙂
Don’t wait until the last minute. Do your planning ahead to decide on a present or gift for the occasion. You will have enough time to source the item and give it in person on the day, instead of saying “well, I ordered it but it hasn’t come”
Don’t just pick the first idea which comes into your head, instead take a little time to come up with a list of things she likes, as well as what you like about her. This will help you know what to get for her. You could also make a list of things that you and she have in common.
For instance, if she likes cooking. You could get her an apron with pictures of you together on it. If she is into fitness, then maybe get her an exercise ball or fitness tracking app. If she is into being pampered, then a spa day would be greatly appreciated.
If she likes to read, then maybe get her a gift card for the bookstore so she can buy a book that is meaningful to her or find out what kind of books she has been reading and use that as a guide.
Many people like practical gifts. You do not want to give too much or too little. A good question is “Will she buy this for herself if I don’t?”, and if the answer is yes then do not get the gift. If you get a gift, it should be something that she loves and will use but she would not buy
Of course, there are hundreds of more options to choose from, hell, she might have even been trying to tell you what she wants; she might have dropped a hint about something she wants. You can also use what she’s been talking about lately as an idea for the gift you want to get her. That way, you’ll know that you’re getting her something she likes and that will show that you listen to what she says.
The best option is the one that you feel will be appreciated and used by her, however, all of these options show much more thought than flowers and a card from the local petrol station on the morning of her birthday.
Test Your Love Language
When you are in a relationship, there might be times when it feels like you and your romantic partner are not on the same page. This is because everyone can experience love differently. It can be hard to show someone that you care for them if they do not know your language. Luckily, there is a book called The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman, which is about how people need different things to feel loved. One way you can figure out your girlfriend’s love language is by taking a quiz online. It might be worth spending a few minutes of your morning and giving the test a go to see what ideas you can come up with. Of course, people often get paranoid when doing a love language quiz; they can feel that they don’t know their special person well enough and that the quiz is going to show them something they don’t want to know. But you might be surprised by how much it can help your relationship, even if the results don’t fit what you were expecting.
- Some people feel loved when they hear words of appreciation or affection. That is what the first love language is: words of affirmation.
- The second way to show someone that you love them is by doing actions for them. This means that they feel the most loved when you do something for them like doing a chore.
- The third love language is when people give you gifts. They feel loved when they get presents from others.
- For people who like to be with their family, spending time with them is the most important thing.
- Some people like to be close to you. They want to hold your hand and have a special moment with you. For those people, physical touch is important.
Homemade gifts for girlfriend
If you want to give your girlfriend something sentimental, make her a gift. Don’t worry if it doesn’t turn out to be perfect; she’ll love it and appreciate the effort all the same. If gift making isn’t up your street, why not spoil her at home instead. Offer to cook her dinner when she gets in from work and put together a kit of her favourite drink. She could like tea, hot cocoa, or something else. Put together some packets of marshmallows, some bottles of Bailey’s, and little boxes for hot cocoa mix in a basket with a mug and say “thank you.”
After dinner and wine, why not pour her a nice relaxing bath and pop in some homemade bath bombs.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on the flashiest or most expensive gift in the world to impress your girlfriend, just being there and showing you care is often worth more than the most expensive gift money can buy.
Simple things such as making a scrapbook or frame some of your favourite photos to give as a gift. It is good because many people use computers and phones for photos now and so the art of real-life photos has been long lost.
Some final gift advice…
- You must consider the day. For example, a sweet card might be nice for one month, but a large gesture will freak out your girlfriend and put too much pressure on the relationship. You need to ask what your girlfriend likes because some girls like to do things like birthdays or Valentine’s Day, while others keep things casual.
- You should not buy a gift for your girlfriend that is more for you than her. For example, if she does not like to go to events, but you like them, then it is not the best gift. Make sure that when buying a gift for your girlfriend, you think about what she likes and enjoys so the gift will be better
- Don’t give teddy bears, heart necklaces, or roses as a gift. Girls might want to feel like they are in a romantic comedy, but most girls prefer gifts from people who know them better and don’t think of them as flat stereotypes.
- Be careful when you want to buy clothes or jewellery for your girlfriend. If you don’t know what she likes, it is better to not give her these. It is always a good idea to include the receipt with these gifts so that if she doesn’t like them, she can return them for something else.
If you combine these ‘do not’ ideas with the above advice, you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect gift for your girlfriend. Happy shopping.