Christmas is right around the corner and you may be looking for gift ideas for your dog. Some people might think that a dog doesn’t need gifts at Christmas time, but we know differently! Dogs are just as deserving of presents on Christmas morning as they would be on any other day.
This is a time to spend with people we love. Giving your dog a gift on Christmas can be fun and thoughtful. It is also something that will make Christmas memorable for you and your dog.
That’s why we created this guide to help you find the perfect holiday present for your pup.
- You can go to the pet store and ask them if they have any best sellers or good gifts for your dog. If you have a small dog, there might be different things than for a large dog. You could also check out PetSmart and Petco as well as smaller family-run stores in your area.
- If you want to get something off your own back, maybe ask around at the dog park or if anyone in your neighbourhood has a pet. You could also find out what their favourite chocolate is and make them a gift basket with that and other treats.
- Toys – If your pup is a chewer or just loves playing with anything that squeaks, then there are plenty of great toys to choose from for all sizes of dogs.
- Some pups love their treats and will enjoy some sort of toy that makes them do something to get it out like a puzzle-type thing with kibble inside. A lot of dogs also really dig interactive dog games, where they have to push one lever for carrots while resisting another lever containing cheese or peanut butter in order to win. It’s important not to buy your pup too many things though – which is why this list has so many different gift ideas on it!
- Treats – You can’t go wrong with giving your dog their favourite treats as they will be excited every day when they see them in the cupboard! However, beware if the treat is too hard because not only do people have different tastes but so do dogs and many prefer soft food rather than crunchy pieces.
- Clothes – Is your pup a diva? Then you’re in luck: there are plenty of clothes to choose from for every occasion! From hats and gloves to sweaters and coats. If not then they might like some new dog tags or name-tags on their collar instead. Some people will dress up as Santa during the holidays and take photos with your furry friend so make sure they have something festive to wear that matches this year’s theme!
- If your dog is a smaller breed, you might be able to find some things at the dollar store like toys and squeaky toys that they can enjoy. They also carry canned food for dogs which could make an excellent gift.
- If you want to get something for your dog that they can wear, a sweater or a coat could be perfect. They also sell clothes at the dollar store too so it might not cost as much money but still be an excellent gift.
- If you want to give your dog a gift that they can enjoy, then make it something they need. You could get them toys or treats but those are kind of like getting someone socks for Christmas. It might not seem like much, but they will appreciate the gift.
- If you want to give your dog a present that is something other than food and clothes, then think about their favourite activity or sport. These could be agility trials for dogs who love doing those activities.
- When it comes to buying a Christmas gift for your dog, try adapting their favourite activity or toy into a unique present. For example, if your pet loves walks at night, buy them an LED leash or one made with glow-in-the-dark materials.
I’ve been thinking about what to get my dog for Christmas and it got me thinking. What should we get our dogs? There are so many different options out there, from toys, snacks, beds, clothes and more that can be found on the internet or in any store near you. Whether you want something really simple like a new toy or if you have an idea of what your pup needs this holiday season (I need some ideas!), let us know in the comments below!